1. The important stuff
- We have been doing this for twenty years. We set the site up because we wanted a site like this. We use it ourselves and we’ve been keeping our data safe for nearly twenty years.
- We only use and hold the absolute minimum level of data required to provide the service.
- We do NOT hold any names, addresses, phone numbers or credit/debit card information on any members.
- Any billing is done in the most discreet way and is all that will appear on any statement.
- We do NOT share any information with any third parties whatsoever.
- We will not send you any spam email. Not only is it illegal, it’s just rude.
- If you delete your account, all data is permanently deleted.
3. Data we hold (and don’t hold)
In order to provide services the minimum information that we need to use and process is:-
- Your registered e-mail address (for your chosen account notifications).
- Your IP address (checked against a spam register and deleted after 60 days).
- Your date of birth.
- Any public data that you have chosen to enter onto the site, examples of this include profile text, interests or chatroom messages.
We do NOT hold any names, addresses, phone numbers or credit card information for any of our members.
4. Deleting your data
We delete ALL of your data when you delete your account.
You are also free to review, edit, change or delete any of your public data on the site at any time by updating your profile text, adverts, and forum posts.
5. Third party companies
We are totally committed to your privacy and consequently we never passed any of your information to any third party companies, nor do we ever plan on doing so, with the exception of any legal obligation or in the event of business sale.
6. Email preferences
We require a valid e-mail address to set up your account and send you any notifications. Your e-mail address is never shared with any third party companies, and you are free to modify your notification preferences at any time under your account settings.
8. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers based in the UK in highly secure data centres. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen a password) which enables you to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
9. Credit and debit card processing
If you choose to upgrade by card at any time we will direct you to a payment page operated by a PCI compliant card processor. In order to process a payment it is likely that your bank will require some personal information over a secure connection to approve the transaction. This information is not taken on our site and we are not party to it in any way.
10. Data Controller
The Data Controller has the authority to resolve all issues regarding the collection, modification, correction, deletion and use of the personal information that has been collected by the Site.
11. Your Rights
If you would like to see all the data that we hold on your account as listed above, simply contact us at email@example.com and request it from your account.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility for these.